Thursday, April 26, 2007

Just What We Needed . . .

So I am working on my Con Law Outline and I get to Locke v. Davey. Rather than reading it again, I head over to Wikipedia to get the holding.

For Background, this case involved a kid who wanted to be a preacher and was enrolling in college to study theology. The state took back the scholarship it gave him, because it violated the state's constitutional provision of absolute division between church and state.

The Supreme Court upheld the decision of the state. And, probably because of that, the fucking kid decided not to be a preacher. I will let Wikipedia explain:

"Joshua Davey, the student who lost this case, enrolled in Harvard Law School in 2003, shortly before the case was argued before the Supreme Court.[2][3] He graduated in 2006, having served as a managing editor for the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy in his final year.[4]"

Just what we need, more lawyers and less preachers.

No comments: